Have Any Questions?

What is a Short-Term Rental?

A Short-Term Rental (STR) is any rental under 30 days. Traditionally in Idyllwild, they were long known as “Vacation Cabin Rentals” or “Vacation Home Rentals”. They’re all the same thing, just Short-Term Rental (STR) is a more modern and generic term.

Roughly half of the STRs in Unincorporated Riverside County are in Idyllwild. The remainder are mostly in Temecula’s Wine Country with only a handful scattered around the rest of the County.

What is Riverside County Ordinance 927.1

Riverside County revised Ordinance 927 which had regulated STRs in the county since 2016 was replaced by Ordinance 927.1 became effective in October 2022.

You can find information about STR regulations in the County of Riverside here: https://rctlma.org/short-term-rentals and the ordinance here: https://rctlma.org/sites/g/files/aldnop391/files/migrated/Portals-0-Documents-Ordinance-No-927-1-clean-Board-100422.pdf